The Women of the Church seeks to further equip women to be on mission for God in their daily lives.
Every woman at First Baptist is a member of WOC. We have a Lay Director and Steering Committee which the church elects yearly. The committee meets quarterly and other times as needed.All First Baptist women are invited to attend steering committee meetings to offer input and help. The Minister of Faith Development serves as the Staff Liaison. Come be a part of this exciting ministry. We need one another.
Our Goals as an Organization
1. Guiding women to discover their God-given gifts
2. Releasing these gifts to God's use by becoming the Hands of Christ in our community
3. Meeting the actual and perceived needs of the women
4. Providing a means of reaching unchurched women of our community
5. Developing an awareness of worldwide missions
The Ruble-Whitworth Group is a mission group, which meets monthly to learn about mission projects supported by First Baptist, and to pray for and financially support them.
Round Table and WOC Book Groups meet monthly for a discussion of a book they have chosen to read. Books usually relate to personal and/or spiritual development.
Younger Women's Bible Study meets weekly every Tuesday from 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. for a Bible study relevant to life as a young woman. Convenient for both working women and women who work at home. Childcare for preschoolers birth-Pre-K will be provided by reservation only.